Do you have a reputation? What is it, and where did it come from? Is it accurate? What do you think about it?
I cogitated on this one a long time and finally decided that as I had quite a good time writing a Limerick the other day I might try drinking from that glass again. I don’t think it will be easy to write a bawdy singsong limerick around “reputation” but I figure to give it a go…
First come up with words rhyming with reputation.
9. Space Station
This is going to be tough and possibly painful… At least “Nantucket” doesn’t appear in that list.
There once was a man Dick
Who stood only four foot six
His deserved reputation
For excessive flirtation
Meant he liked to chat up the chicks.
Pretty bad. I can do better. I know I can.
The wanna-be head of the nation
Woke up with severe constipation
But it soon came to pass
That his pain was just gas
And it stunk up his good reputation.
Well, that was not much better!
Maybe try something different?
There was a young lady, Louisee
Had a rep for being quite easy
All the boys liked to date her
The girls liked to hate her
They thought Easy Louisee was sleazy.
OK then. I think I’ve had enough fun for the evening. I’m not going to try again tonight. I am however open to suggestions. Let me hear your limericks!
These guys all did a much better job with the prompt than I did. Check out their work!
- DAUGHTER, THANK YOU FOR ACCIDENTALLY DELETING THE CANDY CRUSH APP IN MY TABLET | DANDELION’S DEN
- Sliver of a Second | field of thorns
- Well, This Could Be Awkward | Ellen Maybe
- Daily Prompt: Blogger of Repute. | Lux
- Blogger of repute | the mess keeper
- Daily Prompt | Thoughts of an INFP
- A Few of My Favorite Things…. | Coffee Crumbs
- Daily Prompt: Reputation | Artful Homesteader
- What’s in a Moniker? | My Author-itis
- Zero to Hero Day 16: Make a Writing Prompt Your Own | The Dragon’s Lair
- One of My Reputations | Brian Mok
- His & Hers: A shifting definition of “reputation” | Lauren Kells
- You Don’t Have To Go Home, But You Can’t Stay Here | Shades of Teal
- Zero to Hero Challenge : Day 16 | Nicole Sloan’s Writing
- YOU RAISE ME UP | The Christian Gazette
- You Don’t Have To Go Home, But You Can’t Stay Here | Boxes