The Missing Daily Prompt
“I was good tonight,” I thought to myself as I settled back into the seat of my custom made luxury coach. I nodded my head to Hiram and he pulled the door shut. He put her in gear and pulled away from the curb in front of the auditorium. The rest of the band was in the other bus. Really an insufferable lot they were, I was glad to have my own coach – with a picture of me on the side, larger than life. “BOOM – World Tour” it said.
“All the way to Natchez, Hiram,” I shouted to the front of the bus.
“Yes sir, Mr. Bum” he responded.
“It’s BOOM, Hiram. BOOM, with all capital letters, it’s not Bum. How many times do I have to tell you! All the real stars have one name, Sting, Madonna, Sade, Moby and me. But I’m the only one who spells it in all caps. It makes me stand out. It sets me apart. It defines me. It lets the world know just how cool I really am.”
“Sorry, Mr. Bum” Hiram says, the cords on my neck begin to stand out as my face contorts, “My accent, ya know. Bum is just the way I pronounce Bum. No disrespect sir.”
“Work on it Hiram.” I say and slip the headphones on. What an ingrate, what a Maroon.
For reasons unknown I can’t see the daily prompt today. I made up my own. I will set all the appropriate links, pingbacks, and other assorted stuff that I need to do later, I hope, but I had the Jones to write something.
- Daily Prompt: Those Dishes Won’t Do Themselves (Unfortunately) | Basically Beyond Basic
- Pipework | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- The Travels of Zack | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Those Dishes Won’t Do Themselves (Unfortunately) | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Daily Prompt: Those Clotheses Won’t Fold Themselves | Under the Monkey Tree
- Home | My Little Avalon
- Daily Prompt: Those Clothes Won’t Fold Themselves | Under the Monkey Tree
- Hoover Wizard | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt: Those Dishes Won’t Do Themselves (Unfortunately) | Awl and Scribe
- Just a dustrag | marjanitalarosa
- Home – Daily Post | Linda Long Writes!
- A Hero’s Home | L5GN
- Home is where love lives – Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Lime kilns and float homes | Exploratorius
- Household Tasks
- Don’t make me do the cooking! | A mom’s blog
- I Do Not Do Anything Anyways | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Chore Lists, Unmatched Socks and One Medieval Monk | meanderedwanderings
- The Damned Vacuum- I say that lovingly | The Shotgun Girls
- The Superstitions attached with Putting the Silverware Away « psychologistmimi
- Chores… | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Home | Tommia’s Tablet
- Daily Prompt: Those Dishes Won’t Do Themselves (Unfortunately) | Being a Huntress
- Folding | Active Army Wife
- The Toddler Chore Challenge | The Pinterested Parent
- Ironing | Life is great
- Ugh, dishes.. | Relax
- It’s a Chore | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- PERFECT EXCEPT FOR THE DUST BUNNIES | Serendipity
- Dishes! | Wanderlein
- Dark Night of the Sink / Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: Those Dishes Won’t Do Themselves (Unfortunately) | Sued51’s Blog
- Why Can’t The Dishes | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: These Clothes Won’t Arrange Themselves | Thoughtless Prattler
- Daily Prompt: Home | The Wandering Poet
- The Bearded Infant | thejimmieG
- Daily Post: Home | Destino
- Those Dishes Won’t Do Themselves (Unfortunately) | The Nameless One
Sorry, Michelle W. my schedule today dictates I move forward. I will try to make up for it tomorrow.