I reached over and pulled the chain that turned on the lamp. ‘Click’ I squinted against the sudden flood of light and focused on the clock face next to my bed. The minute hand lay somewhere between the 1 and the 2. The hour hand sat squarely on the 3. 3:05 or thereabouts (this is in the days before digital clocks when we usually rounded to the nearest 5 minute mark). That means its official – I am finally 12 years old.
Can’t wait till I become a teenager – one more year to go. One more year after that and I can get a driver’s license.
I reached for the chain. ‘Click’
Ten minutes is not a lot of time really!
- Care to Dare | Rima Hassan
- BFF | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Tinkerbell’s home | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: Shake It Up- Family | Journeyman
- Brent’s Ten Dollar Idea And The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Shake It Up | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer