“I could stay here forever,” she thought and leaned her head back to rinse the shampoo.
Then the hot water ran out.
“Stay with me. I’ll make you breakfast.”
He pulled the blanket up higher against the chill, “I could stay here forever,” he thought.
Then he threw the covers back and ran to pee.
“Take your shoes off, prop your feet up, stay awhile.”
“I could stay here forever,” he said as the barred door slid shut behind him.
“Don’t worry, you will.”
“You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.”
“I’m exhausted,” thought VanWinkle to himself as he lay down beneath the tree.
“Feel like I could sleep forever.”
“There are still men on the Arizona. There always will be.”
Felix smiled, looked at the camera, “It felt like I was falling forever.
Then I opened the chute.”
“I think I’ll stick around and try to get to know her better. Maybe I can get a job at the gas station.”
“Forever and ever, Amen”
- A Night At Billy Bronco’s | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Linger- What Makes a Life Worth Living For | Journeyman
- The Last | Kate Murray
- A Monday free of an alarm call is wonderful, isn’t it? | thoughtsofrkh
- DP Daily Prompt: Linger | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Linger | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- S. Thomas Summers: Writing with Some Ink and a Hammer | There Be Leprechauns
- Shared Lullabies: An Adult Who Wants to Stay Just a Little Bit Longer in Her Parents’ Bed | Kosher Adobo
- linger | yi-ching lin photography
- after that first bite, | y
- When Do I Stay Awhile? | Cass’s Useless Opinions
- Daily Prompt: Linger | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah