“So, is this something that is really happening, or is she just being a bitch?” Paul asked.
“It’s really happening Paul,” Andrea answered, “I sold the container your stuff is in. You’re not going to be able to keep it here anymore and you gotta come pick it all up. Make other arrangements. The buyer is going to collect the container at the end of the month so you still have about three weeks. Come by anytime.”
“Humpf,” Paul mumbled something into the phone.
Andrea kept talking, “By the way Paul, you should be aware that I never asked her to let you know the container was sold. Honestly, I had forgotten you had stuff in there so, no; she’s not a bitch, she was actually looking out for you. You also oughta know that she’s here with me right now and you’re on speaker phone.”
As Andrea pressed the button to terminate the call she heard the sputtering of some serious backpedaling coming from the other end of the line. Neither of them paid any attention to his grumbling. “Sorry you had to hear that Steph. I guess I can scratch Paul off my Christmas card list now. You probably should too. Don’t expect to hear from him again either, bastard doesn’t know how to apologize.
“You know his shit has been in that container for more than 5 years.
“How much would a storage locker have cost him for all that time?
“I never even got a ‘thank you’ and, I had to pay him to take care of my yard when Frank was sick and I needed to spend all that time up in Dallas.
“What an ass.”
Stephanie smiled and so did Andrea.
“Hey Steph, I got a few extra oranges off the tree in my yard. Want some?”
- On Homophobia | AS I PLEASE
- DAMN GOOD FRIENDS: RYAN [STORY TIME #2] | She Writes
- My Friend the Sex Worker | AS I PLEASE
- Tune of the night | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Frozen | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Making New Friends Has Never Been Easy | Musings | The Wangsgard
- Daily Prompt: Why Can’t We Be Friends? | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- Why can’t we be friends? | Purplesus’ Blog
- The Match (Part 9) Oh, Mother | The Jittery Goat
- To Be Or Not To Be…Friends ? | Knowledge Addiction
- ON BEFRIENDING | DANDELION’S DEN
- DP Daily Prompt: Why Can’t We Be Friends | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Why Can’t We Be Friends? | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Bridge Over Troubled Water | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Friends can lift… – Bottle the Moments
- From Being A Loner To Being A Friend | Dragon Droppings
- Daily Prompt: Wanna be friends? | cockatooscreeching
- I’d Rather be Home | Overcoming to Becoming
- You’re My Friend | Flowers and Breezes
- Will You be my friend? Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- You and I | The Colours of Life
- Daily Post; why can’t we be friends? | sixty, single and surviving
- Introversion and Friendship: Mutually Exclusive? | meanderedwanderings
- Why Can’t We Be Friends? | Pippakin Talks Cats, Dogs, Teeth and Claws
- The humor and indignation taste test: The art of friendship these days « psychologistmimi
- Rabbit’s Foot in Mouth | Charron’s Chatter
- DP – Why Can’t We Be Friends? | hometogo232
- Daily Prompt from WordPress: Making new friends – That’s My Answer
- House of Cards « Averil Dean
- Daily Prompt: Why Can’t We Be Friends? | Awl and Scribe
- Friendship | A picture is worth 1000 words
- Hello. | DMZ #721
- Make Friends? | wisskko’s blog
- Friends are Diamonds in the Rough | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- It’s probably me… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Adult Friends | Lori’s Life and Other Stuff
- Daily Prompt: Being Friendly! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- The Art and Science of Unmaking Friends
- No one is so rich as to throw away a friend | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Daily Prompt: Making New Friends | A Day In The Life
- Daily Prompt: Why Can’t We Be Friends | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Why Can’t We Be Friends? | manmadeoceans
- Daily Prompt: Why Can’t We Be Friends? « cognitive reflection
- We Can’t Be Friends Because… | Random Writings by E