If you’re feeling blah, what is the one thing you do that you can count on to put a smile on your face?
“OK, look at me and say ‘Cheese’”.
“Cheeeeeeese.” The shutter opened and the flash popped.
Doctor Jekyll swallowed the serum, clutched his throat and fell behind the lab table, writhing and choking. When Mr. Hyde arose – he brushed off his trousers, checked the cutthroat razor in his coat pocket, placed his hat on his head with a rakish tilt, and headed out the door for an evening’s entertainment, smiling and whistling an unidentifiable tune.
“Of course, I’ll marry you,” he said. Then they kissed, smiled and got lost in one another’s eyes.
Michelle typed in all caps, ‘THE END’. She pulled the final page from the platen and grinned as she placed it gently atop the others. She straightened the edges as she flipped the pile over, took the first page off the stack, and leaned back in her chair to read.
The man stepped out of the hospital elevator on the ground floor. His face was lighting up the room when he put the cigar into my breast pocket, patted it and said, “It’s a girl!” Then without further ado, he turned and walked towards the front door.
When she placed the forkful into her mouth a warm smile spread slowly across her face. Warmer even, than the apple pie.
The blast was small and contained, but still raised a lot of dust. As it settled, Ruben stepped over the rubble and looked into the ruined vault. A slow upturn of the corners of his mouth betrayed his emotion as he started filling bags.
Livingston raised his eyes, looking upward without lifting his head. He pointed his right index finger at the sky and slowly smiled, “Eureka, I’ve found it.”
“Mom, Mom – I’m in” she squeaked. Jumping up and down, she clutched and waved the letter excitedly.
“I’m so proud of you,” her mother beamed and came around the desk to give her a hug.
“OK, contestants, Are you ready to play?” he shouted. Then, as if flicking a switch, his hundred watt smile lit the stage.
“No, no; Marie. Don’t smile. I want you sultry.” He scolded as he stepped around the camera.
“Sultry? Me?” she threw back her head and laughed. A full strong laugh.
- explicación | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Prayer of a young soul II | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- DON’T BE TOO NIGERIAN; Nigerian identity crisis | She Writes
- Daily Prompt: Make Me Smile | The Ambitious Drifter
- Daily Prompt: Make Me Smile | christinamasterman
- Daily Prompt: Make Me Smile- Studies Report: what make us really happy in life | Journeyman
- Family Outing from Hell: Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- A Whiskey on the Rocks | Musings | The Wangsgard
- The Match (Part 7) Shares | The Jittery Goat
- F Is For Film | My Little Avalon
- DP Daily Prompt: Make Me Smile | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Make Me Smile | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- Here We Are, Entertain Us ! | Knowledge Addiction
- The Power of Victory | the FLAVORED word
- too much smiling gives you wrinkles | FamousFeline
- smiling too much will give you wrinkles | FamousFeline
- blend | yi-ching lin photography
- love at first sight is | y
- Broken Filipino: Returning to the Language of My Heart | Kosher Adobo
- Daily Prompt: Make Me Smile | Blissful Pages
- Four Things that Make me Smile | Dragon Droppings
11 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: Make Me Smile”
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, I remember the movie, it took me a while to to realize it was the same person being evil and good. That’s sure to bring a smile on one’s face when they realize how they’re fooled, e.g.,” ME”!