She bounded into the room and jumped on the bed. I could tell she was looking forward to something. Her body was literally vibrating with anticipation. She lay down next to me; tingling, unable to hold herself still.
“Hey Kona” I said and scratched right behind her jaw. She’s a sucker for that and she pointed her nose to the ceiling, closed her eyes and enjoyed it for a while.
“It’s a beautiful morning,” she said. “I went in the backyard to pee. It’s raining, ya know! Glorious, I love the rain, don’t you? Can we go out soon? Are you hungry yet? Maybe we should eat. Whadda ya think?”
“You went out in the rain and then jumped on my bed huh? Did you at least wipe your feet when you came back in the house?”
“Oh, no. Sorry”
I looked down at the duvet. The muddy paw prints were not too bad. I immediately forgave her. She possesses such enthusiasm and looks forward to each moment of the day. She truly knows how to live life to the fullest. I’ve learned a lot from her.
“Come on” I dragged myself out of bed. It was still dark. The coffee was calling me.
“Do you think I should wear a sweater today?” Kona asked. “Maybe just a tee shirt – it’s not that cold. I like that white tee you let me wear sometimes. Can I wear it again today?”
“I don’t know Kona, I think it might be in the laundry.”
“I don’t care,” she said “I’ll just get it dirty again anyway. You wanna go outside and play? I’ll get a tennis ball.”
- Daily Post: Take That, Rosetta! | Basically Beyond Basic
- Istanbul – çok pahalı çok güzel | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Let’s talk in verse | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Teachable Moments Are The Last Refuge Of Tyrants | The Jittery Goat
- Concrete Navy | Exploratorius
- Daily Prompt: Take That Rosetta | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Lovely language of love and lust – Daily Prompt | alienorajt